Amy Hume - You are brilliant. The past few shows have been so much better voice-wise.
Amy Hume is a Voice Teacher at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) and the Creative Director of award-winning business, Viva Voice. Her teaching is grounded in extensive training with world-renowned voice teacher Kristin Linklater, and also draws on the work of Cicely Berry, Patsy Rodenburgh, Barbara Houseman, and other leading voice practitioners.
Amy was one of the Voice / Dialect Coaches at Matilda the Musical in Sydney. Most recently, she was Dialect Coach for Critical Stages’ national tour of Stones in his Pockets, Red Line’s Look Back in Anger at the Old Fitz, and on Sam O'Sullivan's new Australian play, The Block Universe (Or So It Goes) at Old 505. Amy has also coached productions for NIDA, Sport for Jove, Shakespeare & Co (Lenox, MA), The Shakespeare Forum (New York) and Columbia Stages (New York). Amy provides ongoing voice and dialect support to companies including The Hub Studio and ATYP.
Through Viva Voice, Amy regularly facilitates corporate voice and communication training for staff from organisations including Commonwealth Bank, Channel Ten, NSW Department of Health and The University of Sydney.
Amy is one of only seven Designated Linklater Teachers in Australia. She also holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in Voice from VCA with First Class Honours. She is consistently named one of the Top 5 Teachers of Speech, Voice and Communication by AMEB (NSW).
Amy's specialised work includes:
- Voice coaching for actors: from seasoned professionals to those just beginning their acting journey, Amy coaches both children and adults in preparation for auditions and performances in theatre and film
- Voice and presentation coaching for non-actors: improve workplace communication skills, build your confidence and enhance your vocal presence in order to engage, captivate and inspire any audience
- Voice workshops for teachers: specialised training introducing teachers to safe and effective vocal practices for the classroom and playground
- Voice workshops for school students: developing students' understanding of text, voice and communication
- Young performers: introducing children and teenagers to voice, speech and drama through specialised programs at Viva Voice
© 2017 Amy Hume. All rights reserved!